Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scott Rolen's Classy At Bat Song

I usually hate a baseball player's at bat song because a lot of it is either rock or country or rap. Not my favorite genres. I love jazz. Yeah, try putting jazz as an at bat song. But I digress. On my favorite baseball team, Cincinnati Reds third baseman Scott Rolen has a classy at bat song. It's Coldplay's "Viva La Vida."

The song starts with a rhythmic orchestral background. It doesn't rely on loud and ear shattering guitars. And it has a strong melody and a nice melody. Lyrics are intelligent. It seems to be about a ruler who was on top but ran a corrupt government before he falls because of his sins. Interesting choice Scott. Nice strong emotional hook. Video below.

Anyway, Scott continues to show his maturity even in his at bat song. He is the player that the young kids on the team look up to. Maybe they'll listen to his choice in songs too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shut up you Fag