Friday, August 27, 2010

Film Critics Gone Wild

Rotten Tomatoes reports that 75% of its film critics gave Piranha 3D favorable reviews. Really? I know critics are often called elitist snobs but is this an effort to by them to show their common man credentials? Did that 75 % see the same movie I saw?

In an effort to see if I can see what they see in the movie. I'm going to rethink this movie. Let's go over some moments in Piranha 3D. Female diver gets eyes gouged out and eye floats down to you in 3D. Not fun. Topless woman gets cut in half. Somewhat misogynistic. Not funny. Guy gets penis bit off. Penis floats down to you in 3D. Piranha chew on it before eating it. Okay, kind of funny but I yelled, "Ewwwww." Look seeing a bunch of hedonistic jerks eaten alive with body parts and blood all over the place is not my idea of fun. I don't care if they deserve it or not. It's still a giant turkey.

No comments: