Friday, June 1, 2012

The summer of my youth

As a child, I remember Batman, the campy TV series as being one of my favorite TV shows. I took it seriously. It was only years later that I realized, "Hey these guys aren't serious." It was camp. The TV show Batman did lead me to read the comics. I also loved Spider-Man. I read the comics and watched the animated show. On TV, I also caught Captain America. I loved the patriotism. I thought his uniform was cool even though he was a walking American flag.

I'm not going to tell you how old I am. I'm an adult. But this summer is the summer of my youth. Live action film versions of my favorite superheroes are coming. The Avengers movie with Captain America is out. And it kicks ass. Later this summer, The Amazing Spider-Man debuts. (7-3) Yeah, it goes back to the high school years but it looks great. Then comes The Dark Knight Rises. (7-20) Geek heaven.

How about the video of the theme songs from those sixties TV series.

Batman.


Captain America. When Captain America throws his mighty shield...


Spider-Man. Spider-Man, Spider-Man does whatever a spider can...

No comments: