Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My favorite part in "When Harry Met Sally ..."

I'm looking back at one of my favorite movies, "When Harry Met Sally ..." (1989) That's because Nora Ephron who wrote the screenplay for the film passed away yesterday.

My favorite moment is not what a lot of other people love about the movie. Most of the time they cite the fake orgasm scene in the delicatessen. That's hilarious. But my favorite scene is on one of the New Year Eve celebrations where Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) are dancing. You see it's so supposed to be platonic. But as they dance, they realize they're falling in love. And the song they are dancing to is "I Could Write a Book." Listen to the lyrics. It's about a story of two friends becoming lovers. Harry Connick Jr. does a wonderful version of it with full orchestra. Here's the song from the soundtrack. Thanks cyd007monica for the video.

No comments: