Saturday, December 10, 2011

Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog

I hang out at TrekMovie.com. There you can meet screenwriter extraordinaire Bob Orci (Transformers, Star Trek) in the comments sections. Well, he's taught us to love Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog. So, I've decided to scour YouTube and find the best of Triumph.

Triumph started out on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. The first appearance was when the show did a skit about the Westminster Dog Show in 1997. From this skit we learn that Triumph is a Yugoslavian Mountain Hound. Hence his Eastern European accent. (Triumph's Wikipedia page.) And you'll get his first catchphrase, "... for me to poop on." Later on in his later performances, Triumph will say "I keed. I keed." And before I forget, Triumph is played by Robert Smigel. (TV Funhouse) Below is his first appearance, it's in part two.



No comments: