Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NL Central Division Champs

It will go down as one of the greatest home runs in the history of the Cincinnati Reds. Jay Bruce blasts one over the center field fence to win the game, defeating the Houston Astros, 3-2. With the victory the Reds are now NL Central Division Champions and in the playoffs for the first time since 1995. Here's the story. The MLB story has video of Bruce's home run. Sorry, I had to delete the embedded video of it because MLB made a copyright claim. Lawyers?! : ) Below is a fan video of Bruce's Blast and the aftermath.

It was touching to see veteran outfielder Jim Edmonds pinch Jay's face. I hope he can make the playoff roster and help the young players. I can't say enough about veteran Scott Rolen's leadership. Finally, I almost cried when I saw manager Dusty Baker get doused with champagne. It was a joy to watch his happiness.

Now, let's win as many games as possible for the highest seed we can get. And come playoff time, watch out you other major league teams. By the way, didn't I predict the Reds would get to the playoffs? Go Reds.

From Lance McAlister's Sports Blog (1530 Homer) and his listener Ryan.

No comments: