Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Goodbye Glen Campbell

Glen Campbell passed away. God be with him. I grew up with his music. He was one of my first pop music loves. Let's honor him by posting some of his music from the periods I first heard his songs. I've also included a clip from the classic film True Grit (1969) where he saves John Wayne. There's a great line in that movie where his character while fighting death makes another heroic feat and says, "I ain't dead yet." Let's remember to live our lives and fight the obstacles like Glen did.

"Gentle On My Mind" with excellent Campbell solo.


"By the Time I Get to Phoenix" and "Galveston."


"Wichita Lineman."


Classic scene from True Grit (1969) where John Wayne faces four bad guys with the help of Glen Campbell at the end. Great score by Elmer Bernstein also.

No comments: