Thursday, March 3, 2016

Holy Cow! Republican civil war erupts

Today, former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney tore into GOP front runner Donald Trump. Romney called him a "phony" and "fraud." Romney said, "His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University." CNN report. And get this. He didn't endorse Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. In the speech given at the University of Utah, he urged Republicans to vote for anybody but Trump. Telling people to vote for Rubio in Florida, and Ohio governor John Kaisch in Ohio. That means he wants Trump not to get the majority of the delegates which would lead to a contested Republican convention. CNN report. Holy Cow! In my decades of following politics, I have never seen anything like this.

So what was Donald's response? Trump said, ""He was begging for my endorsement. I could have said, 'Mitt, drop to your knees' -- he would have dropped to his knees." CNN report. Um... I'm speechless.


No comments: