Monday, August 19, 2013

Have a good life, Danielle

When I play the jukebox at a local bar, I'm asked by a friend to play certain jazz songs. Some of my selections are from Eliane Elias, a Brazilian jazz pianist and singer. I usually play "So Nice" a bossa nova classic. This always gets the angry white guys mad. "Play something American", they say. Took that for a whole Friday afternoon.

But then came Saturday. About three days before, I ran into an old friend, Danielle. She's charming, smart and beautiful. She lives in California so it's rare to see her. I haven't seen her in years. So, it was great to see her on Saturday at an Irish Pub. She returned to California on Sunday. So, Danielle, for you here's the song I play that pisses off the angry white guys. I think it's lovely like you. Have a good life, Danielle.




No comments: