Thursday, November 17, 2011

Political correctness runs out of control

Too often conservatives rail against political correctness because it prevents them from criticizing gays, Muslims or any other non-white Anglo Saxon Protestant. But political correctness also affects liberals too. I like to think that I'm a feminist but if I incorrectly compliment a woman then I'm a sexist.

Well, the Huffington Post is reporting that an Illinois high school teacher, Rhett Felix was suspended for showing clips from the Daily Show to his kids. The show in question is from October 31. And if you look at my story "Oops, Rick Perry" you'll get the segment at the bottom. A parent compared the situation to the Penn State sex scandal. Really? There's a big difference between some sexy jokes and actual rape. My guess is that the parent doesn't like Jon Stewart's liberal views. By the way the show is on basic cable. The kids probably watch it before they go to sleep or catch it on at 6:00 p.m. The cussing is bleeped out and there's no nudity. Oy vey.

Folks, I'm not going to censor my blog for political correctness. I'll keep the blog PG-13 but I believe in the First Amendment. Plus the Daily Show and Stephen Colbert provide me with plenty of content.

No comments: