Monday, July 26, 2010

The Geek Shall Inherit The Earth


I've come to the realization that geeks like me, are often made fun of. I mean check out the Onion video below about Trekkers complaining about the 2009 Star Trek movie. Yeah, we're not pretty and let's face it, we're nerds. And the biggest geek festival, Comic-Con just ended. Yet, Hollywood takes Comic Con very seriously. So seriously they introduce upcoming movies and lend their stars to generate buzz. How's that for irony? The cool and the beautiful coming to the geeks for approval. Check out Angelina Jolie at this year's Comic-Con.

Maybe the geeks need better public relations. After all, they are the ones who are the customers, and bestow excitement for a project. That means they have power over the success of Hollywood movies. So, how about a little respect? By the way, I can laugh at myself and so can many geeks because I love the Onion video.

Anyway back to Comic-Con, check out Blake Lively talking about her upcoming film, "Green Lantern." (2011) And take a look at some of the lovely geeks in Trek costumes from TrekMovie.com.

No comments: