Friday, September 8, 2017

Steve Bannon insults the Irish

Former White House adviser told 60 Minutes that Chris Christie would not get a cabinet job because  he did not stand up for conservative President Trump after the Hollywood Access tape.  That was the tape were Trump bragged about sexually molesting women because he was a celebrity.  (CBS News)  Here's what he said:

"Rose: Boy, you took names on Billy Bush Sunday, didn't you?

Bannon: I did. O – I gotta – I gotta – you know, I'm Irish. I gotta get my black book and I got 'em. … Christie, because of Billy Bush weekend – and – was – was – not looked at for a Cabinet position."

Bannon is a punk.  I know Irish and the ones I know I consider friends. None of them are vindictive.  It's an ethic slur to paint the Irish as angry, revengeful people.

No comments: