Sunday, September 22, 2013

Angry Bengals fans show their musical stupidity

It's being reported that some angry Cincinnati Bengals fans have demanded the team no longer play Katy Perry's "Roar" during player introductions. Here's the story. It indicates that these fans want a hard rock or classic rock song. But is the song that bad? I've posted it below.

The song's chorus is actually pretty good. It's the hook that works for the Bengals. it's memorable and gets your blood going. Here's the lyric.

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar."


I'm guessing these few angry fans are heavy metal or hard rock guys. You want to know something heavy metal Bengals fan? Why don't you listen to something that has melody and doesn't require somebody yelling at you with ear bleeding volume to keep your attention. Since the team is made up of mostly African Americans, I'm guessing they're not metal fans. The chorus or hook fits the Bengals. You do want a NFL championship?





No comments: