Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mitt Romney is out of touch

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney made the comment to CNN that "I'm not concerned about the very poor." Soledad O'Brien asked Romney about the perception that he doesn't understand average Americans. Here's Romney's full quote.

"This is a time people are worried. They're frightened. They want someone who they have confidence in. And I believe I will be able to instill that confidence in the American people. And, by the way, I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it."

Huh? He goes from reassuring to taking a potshot at poor people. But think about the other things he's said. Tried to bet former candidate Rick Perry, ten thousand dollars. Almost all Americans don't have that kind of money. Described concerns about the gap between wealthy and the middle income people as politics of "envy" to his "I like to fire people" even though he was referring to health insurance companies. These comments indicate he doesn't understand working people. MSNBC article.

Here's Ed Schultz's report.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments: