Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Was Right About the Bengals Draft


In this dreadful Bengals season, I get to celebrate my football acumen. Last spring I graded the Bengals' 2010 draft. I gave it an A.

So, how accurate was my grade? I praised the second round pick of defensive end Carlos Dunlap. Dunlap has lately become a stud. In the last four games he has racked up six sacks for a total of seven. That's AFC lead among rookies. First round pick Jermaine Gresham (pictured) is the passing catching tight end that QB Carson Palmer did not have before. He has the team record for receptions (48) for a rookie tight end. Third round pick Jordan Shipley leads the AFC in receptions (49) for a rookie. The future looks bright for these three.

Here's Cincinnati Enquirer's beat writer Joe Reedy's article on this year's draft class.

No comments: