Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Worst Song Ever

It's finally happened. I have experienced the worst song ever written. It's Rebecca Black's "Friday." In the history of bad songs, this is the worst. It's more terrible than "Three Little Fishies." Why is it so bad? First the song itself is hardly written. There's basically no melody, it's kind quasi-rap. But that's not the real problem.

It's the lyrics. The best I can tell it's about a teenage girl getting up and going to school. She "sings" about which seat she's going to take in her friends car. WTF? Later she sings about Friday being a party night. That's it. No imagination. Check out how bad some of the lyrics are below.


Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin')
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after ... wards
I don't want this weekend to end

Are "we-we-we so excited" excited yet? I bet you didn't know Saturday comes after Friday. And after Saturday comes Sunday. That's just brilliant. NOT! I hope my family gives me a CD of this. So I can do what Triumph the Insult Comic Dog likes to do. I want it for "me to poop on."

I absolutely refuse to embed this garbage to the blog. But if you want to look it, here's the link. Ninety five million so far have seen this junk. Look if Bristol Palin can make 262K for being an abstinence advocate, I guess a song with terrible lyrics can be a hit. Only in American.

No comments: