exclusive TrekMovie.com interview, Star Trek writer Bob Orci confirmed that Alice Eve (pictured) will play a character that is canon to the Trek world. Now we know Alice Eve watched all the TOS episodes of Star Trek to prepare for her part. Why would she do that? And she seemed to focus on Captain Kirk.
"Now, I’ve watched them all and there are some scenes with [William] Shatner that break my heart… It’s so sweet."
I believe she's Carol Marcus. Now Marcus was introduced in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. (1982) She was a lover of Kirk and the mother of his son, David. Eve's dedication to the character indicates that she's looking at the relationship of Kirk and Marcus. Bringing an iconic character from Wrath is another piece of evidence pointing that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Khan.
Let's review the evidence that indicates it's Khan.
1. There was a search for a Hispanic actor to play the villain. This would be continuity with Ricardo Montalban, a Mexican actor, who played Khan.
2. There was a hint of a teaser that was supposed to be placed at the end of the 2009 movie. The team hinted in movie commentary that they were going to have a clip of a ship called the Botany Bay. That's Khan's ship found in TOS episode, "Space Seed."
3. Leaked video and photos show Cumberbatch's character beating the tar out of Spock. He chokes Spock with one hand. Now Spock is stronger than humans. He's half Vulcan. That means Cumberbatch has superhuman strength.
4. Alice Eve plays a character from canon. She studied for the part by watching all the TOS episodes and seemed to focus on Kirk. She's also very blonde like Bibi Besch was in Wrath. I believe she's playing Dr. Carol Marcus.
5. Oops. I forgot. TrekMovie.com's sources indicate it's Khan.