Tuesday, August 2, 2016

What the.. ? Matt Damon is the savior of the ancient Chinese in The Great Wall"

So, I'm surfing YouTube when I see this movie trailer for a film called "Great Wall." It looks to be about the Great Wall of China and why it was built. Then all of sudden, Matt Damon shows up. WHAT THE .... ?????!!!!! Okay, I might be a little biased being a Chinese American. But what in the wide world of ... of... China is a white guy running around saving ancient China? I mean didn't the Chinese build the Great Wall? What, they didn't have warriors to fight for them? And before you say I'm a politically correct liberal just remember I criticized Chris Rock for his pc Academy Awards show which at times insulted white people.

Okay, doing some research indicates that Chinese are involved in this film. But it just goes to show you that maybe Chinese should be less enamored of white people in film and perhaps promote more of their kind. I mean this is a movie about the freaking Great Wall of China. What next? Scarlett Johansson as a Japanese anime hero? Oh, never mind. Could we get somebody in the film industry to watch some Bruce Lee movies?

"The Great Wall" trailer... as George Takei would say, "Oh... my."

No comments: