Monday, January 16, 2012

Burger King has new french fries

Today, I got the chance to taste Burger King's new french fries. Back in April, I rated french fries of the big three. Burger King, Wendy's and McDonald's. I gave the nod to McDonald's. So how does the new Burger King french fry change things?

The new Burger King french fries are of a thicker cut. That means there's more potato per fry. But it seems to me the fry still has a potato based starch that covers the fry. It makes them stiff and overwhelms the potato taste. Now I'm not against coating a french fry. See Arby's curly fries. But this starch adds nothing to the taste and detracts from the potato. I will say that it's an improvement since you can taste more potato than the thin cut fries.

I can't recommend the new Burger King fry as so much better than Wendy's or McDonald's . In fact, the more I eat Wendy's natural cut fry, the more I like them. Some of you may prefer Wendy's french fry over McDonald's.

No comments: