Thursday, August 12, 2010

St. Louis Cardinals Are Little Bitches, Part 2.

Lance McAlister reported on his blog, this great line from Fox Sports Analyst and former pitcher Chirs Welsh.

"If Chris Carpenter isn't whining about his own teammates, he's whining about someone else"
-Chris Welsh, FS Ohio


I was at Wednesday's game. As I was talkingwith friends about the Cardinal whining, a Cardinal fan jumped in my conversation and started a debate. When I pointed out the list of Cardinal whining, "my glove is wet, the field is too wet, Arroyo is using stuff on the ball, you can't celebrate a double play... etc." he said whining was about the code. WTF?! There's a code that you're supposed to whine. Then he looked down on me and said look how many World Championships, we won. Then I said, "Look I don't care. I root for Bengals Carson Palmer but wouldn't root for that bum Ben Roethlisberger." That seemed to confuse him. Let me explain it to you Cardinals fans. Championships doesn't give you class. I could care less about the Cardinals or Red Sox or Yankee championships. Those guys are not my teams. Anyway, he kept it up, so I flipped him off.

After observing Cardinal fan, I will now paraphrase Brandon Phillips. Cubs fan looks like a better guy now. I sat at a game with Cubs fan, and watched him scream at his own team when they were up 5-0. Huh? He said "After all the losing, I'm entitled to gripe." Well Cardinal fans seem to look down on the rest of us. What a bunch of snobs. Compared to Cardinal fan, Cubs fan doesn't look so bad.

No comments: